Commitment to Sustainability
Irgens is committed to conducting business in an environmentally conscious and sustainable manner. As an active member of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association, and IREM, the real estate management association, we recognize and uphold the sustainability policies of each organization by embracing a total team commitment to responsible and respectful land use, development and building management.
Irgens has instituted a company policy concerning sustainability and established an internal team to oversee and promote green initiatives. Core objectives included in this policy are to:
- Recognize sustainability as a company priority.
- Perform services in a manner that is reasonable and profitable, yet mindful and respectful of our world.
- Integrate efficient and sustainable operating policies, procedures and actions.
- Hold employees accountable for environmental stewardship.
- Educate clients and project partners and encourage them to make environmentally responsible decisions.
- Communicate our efforts and promote our achievements so we may be an example to others.
Irgens has actively pursued LEED credentials from U.S. Green Building Council and Green Globes credentials from The Green Building Institute (thegbi.org). The firm also is an Energy Star Affiliate partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (energystar.gov).